- 12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup honey or organic maple syrup Use agave if watching your blood sugar
- 1 strip lemon zest
- Empty the bag of cranberries into a sauce pan (keep about half in a bowl to use for later)
- Add the honey, maple syrup or agave and a little bit of water to the pan and cook on low.
- Add the lemon zest
- Stir until cranberries are soft (about 10 minutes)
- Turn to high heat and cook until cranberries burst.
- Turn back down to low heat and add the remainder of the cranberries that were set aside.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if desired! Jar and let cool.
- Enjoy on turkey! Yummy!
Share this Recipe