On Labour Day we debuted our beautiful studio video that we have been working on all summer, to our yoga teachers at Mo Tus Nua Wellness.
Of course what better way to celebrate, then with food right??!
I made a pickeled egg & mac salad (gluten free of course), wild rice and quinoa with black bean and chickpea pilaf, teriyaki chicken, Caesar salad- and this gem. Raspberry chocolate cheesecake made from….cashews! (I’ll post the recipe for the others soon!
One of our yoga teachers is Vegan (No we aren’t all vegans, surprisingly!) So along side the vegan dishes, I needed to make sure she could share in the dessert! She was OK with honey so I used it- but see the subs listed below in the recipe 🙂
Loved lunching with the dream team and some BFF’s! Just look at these beauties! If you’re ever in the wild north- come practice yoga with us at Mo Tus Nua Wellness
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||4 hours|
- 2 cups cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey or pure organic maple syrup- (I'm CDn eh!)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 ripe banana or 3-4 Medjool dates- pitted
- 1 tbsp honey or pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup Frozen raspberries or any berry- from frozen!
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey or pure organic maple syrup
- 1 splash water
- The filling for this was all about that dreamy and creamy cashew filling. Oh my, even the batter tasted like heaven!Soak the cashews over night with filtered water, just enough to cover the cashews.Blend them in the Vitamix or any blender that you have, with the water, 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup and 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Make almond meal (Literally, just blend almonds!
- Voila! Almond meal/flour
- Add one ripe banana or you could use (three-four dates), and just a tbp of honey! Spice it up with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for a fall cake, or cocoa powder for a more chocolately crust. Blend in the blender.
- Press into a pan. (Use a spring foam if you want a perfect cake, otherwise, it's messy to get out!)
- Pour the heavenly filling over top and smooth out.
- I had about a cup of frozen raspberries that I cooked in a pot with just a splash of water.Add 2 tbsp cocoa powder and 1/3cup honey. Pour onto the top and put in the freezer for four hours. Let thaw half an hour before serving.I recommend eating this the next day (mine was like pudding eating it the same day I made it!) and using a spring foam pan- like with all cheesecakes, or desserts with crusts and soft yummy fillings.Enjoy!